The Aging Population

Do you remember the first time some kid came up to you and said “Hey Missus do ya have the right time?” You almost looked around to see who they were talking to because you weren’t a ‘Missus’! You weren’t much older than them – and then you realised that they thought you looked old enough to be a ‘Missus’. Disconcerting does not even begin to describe that moment, suddenly and irreversibly you had joined the ranks of adulthood in someone else’s eyes and you felt a bit of a fraud because in your heart you still felt yourself a kid.

Back then, I was studying sociology. I was being taught about the demographics of population and the ageing population to be specific. The forecast for the future was that in twenty or thirty years there would be more old people in the United Kingdom than young people.

Blow me down if that time isn’t here already, and I still feel a bit of a fraud thinking I am going to grow up any day now. – Ageing is not just a physical thing it is a state of mind and and worth a look at the perceptions and the facts around the concept of ageing.

Click Here To Read More

Comments

Friko said…
I am too old and IT illterate to find my way through this maze which is your blog(s), Geri, do point me in the right direction. I am also a bloody foreigner, which makes it all the harder for me.
I like (practically) everything I read here and there and everywhere you tread, if I follow you right here, I take it I can access all the rest, if I can get the energy, that is?
Friko said…
I have no idea if this comment got through.
This is totally frustrating, I am not that thick!

Popular posts from this blog

Give Someone a Hug Today

Life Passed

A Charmed Life